The thing about superfoods is that they do not possess just one nutrient that you need, they have many. They offer so many benefits that you can eat less food while getting more nutrition. Nutrient-rich foods also help to flush toxins from the body to make you healthier. Superfoods also help to control weight and stop you from having to rely heavily on vitamin and mineral supplements.
Here are six superfoods that you should incorporate into your diet:
- Bee Pollen. Bee products are a natural and wholesome superfood. Bee pollen has many benefits including that it is high in antioxidants that can help you to lead a longer and healthier life. It can lower histamine production that is the main cause of allergies. The high levels of vitamin B contained in bee pollen are excellent for your skin and prevent wrinkling and aging. It helps to restore both mineral and metabolic deficiencies and helps to relieve constipation, anemia, and bronchitis. Bee pollen contains fourteen fatty acids, 15% lecithin, and more protein than cheese, eggs or meat.
- Noni. This Polynesian fruit continues to be in the news because it has many amazing benefits. It has a strong smell and taste and can take a while for people to learn to enjoy. It is rich in antioxidants that fight free radicals to help keep you young and healthy. Noni also contains selenium that helps to keep the skin healthy, fresh and glowing. It contains xeronine that helps with cell regeneration and structure. There are also glycosides that help to fight free radicals and scopoletin that is an anti-inflammatory. Noni can be consumed as juice but you need to be careful about the amount of sugar that is contained in the juice as that can compromise its efficacy.
- Camu Camu berry. This berry is found in South American rainforests and contains the highest amount of Vitamin C from any botanical source. It also contains phosphorus, iron, calcium and potassium. Cam Camu contains serine, valine, and leucine as well as niacin and riboflavin. These vitamins and minerals are a huge boost for the immune system and help to improve eyesight.
- Raw honey. This honey is not the kind of honey that you purchase at the grocery store. This honey is raw, organic and unprocessed. It can make you more mentally alert with live healing enzymes that sharpen your IQ. It has medicinal benefits that can be used to heal wounds. Raw organic honey can relieve infections, diarrhea, gastrointestinal issues and other ailments by alleviating the symptoms. Honey is easy to digest and provides the body with a good energy boost.
- Royal Jelly. This thick, milky substance is secreted from the pharyngeal glands of nurse bees. The bees that are selected to become a queen bee are fed royal jelly while the worker bees are fed on honey and pollen. Royal jelly contains B5 and B vitamins, amino acids, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, potassium, and manganese. Royal jelly also contains pantothenic acid, carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. It can help to fight heart disease and atherosclerosis and research with cancer cells shows that royal jelly can reduce them.
- Propolis. This resin is collected from tree bark by worker bees for use in their honeycomb for glue. It fills cracks and creates doorways and is a nutrient-packed superfood with disease-fighting power. Propolis is an antibacterial and antifungal as well as a natural antibiotic without nasty side effects. It can help wounds to heal more quickly and fights bacteria. Propolis can help with asthma, arthritis, and allergies and it is a good choice for ulcer control.