Looking for something refreshing to drink that will not only hydrate you but tastes delicious? This is the drink for you. There is nothing more refreshing then lemon, cucumber and mint water! And wait until you find out the benefits!
Why lemon, mint and cucumber? Good question check out the benefits of each ingredient:
Lemon: Lemon water makes for a powerful detox drink; lemon juice helps to cleanse and alkalize the body. Add one thinly sliced lemon to a large pitcher, or squeeze fresh lemon juice into your glass. Lemon also aides in digestion and boosts your immune system. [Read more about starting your day with lemon water]
Mint: Mint adds a touch of sweetness without the sugar, and it also helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion.
Cucumber: Adding a few slices of cucumber to your water makes for excellent rehydration, and cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Mix all these ingredients together and you have yourself the perfect beverage for:
Keeping your weight down– Lemons are said to curb hunger pains thereby reducing trips to the fridge and pantry between meals.
Fine tuning your digestive system – Known for their digestive benefits, lemons help flush out toxins and impurities from our system. Say goodbye to constant heartburn and indigestion. Both lemons and cucumbers are diuretic so your body does not retain excessive water making you feel less bloated. Cucumbers are also very high in fiber which again helps the flushing out process.
Having that perfect skin– Who doesn’t want flawless skin? Drink the magic potion, your skin will go all clear, fresh and radiant.
Health Benefits of Cucumbers
Cucumbers alone have amazing benefits! According to NaturalNews.com below are 10 Benefits of cucumbers:
- Quick pick me-up – Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins. Put down your sodas and coffee and eat a cucumber slice.
- Rehydrates body and replenishes daily vitamins – Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins. Cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day. Don’t forget to leave the skin on because the skin contains a good amount of vitamin C, about 10 percent of the daily-recommended allowance.
- Skin and hair care – If you don’t like to eat the skin, it can be used for skin irritations and sunburns as aloe would be used. Place a slice over puffy eyes and its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness. The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth.
- Fight cancers – Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
- Lavishes you with vitamins – A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy, and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
- Relieves bad breath – Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
- Hangover cure – To avoid a morning hangover or headache; eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish many essential nutrients, reducing the intensity of both hangover and headache.
- Aids in weight loss and digestion – Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who are looking for weight loss. The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumbers are very effective in ridding the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.
- Cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure – Cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to be beneficial to diabetic patients. Researchers found that a compound called sterols in cucumbers may help reduce cholesterol levels. Cucumbers contain a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumbers good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.
- Promotes joint health, relieves gout and arthritis pain – Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. When mixed with carrot juice, they can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels.”
What’s your favorite twist on cucumber water?