When it comes to summer vegetables., zucchini is one of the most popular. It’s also a great choice for those of us watching our weight because it’s very low calorie, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol, packed with vitamin A and its peel is good source of dietary fiber.
And if you’re growing zucchini in your garden you know this miracle squash is so easy to grow, you can easily end up with a bumper crop.
If you’re looking for a super simple recipe for that zucchini, try this recipe from Organic Sisters (for FoodMatters.tv). It’s easy to make and just have on hand as a meal or snack.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 400g zucchini (approximately 2 large zucchini)
- 1 brown onion
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- A pinch each of sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes (or a handful of shredded cheese or chopped feta) 1 large tomato
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease or line a 20 x 20cm baking dish. 2 Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- Grate the zucchini and using your hands squeeze out the excess moisture from it. (This step is important to ensure you do not end up with a soggy slice!)
- Add the coconut flour into the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the grated zucchini, onion, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast or cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Thinly slice up the tomato and place the slices evenly on top. 7 Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.