Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips are very low in calories and are low carb too!
The key to making a real good chip out of zucchini is all in how you slice it. Use a mandolin or food processor to get the slices as thin as possible. Toss with my other ingredients and you won’t believe how good these are!
Note: You can make this recipe in the oven if you don’t have a dehydrator. See instructions below.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 hours
Total time: 12 hours 15 mins
4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 or 3 medium zucchini’s)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
1. Use a mandolin or manually slice the zucchini as thin as possible.
2. In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
3. Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
4. Add zucchini in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
5. Depending on how thin you sliced the zucchini drying time will vary, anywhere from 8 to 14 hours.
7. Store chips in an airtight container
To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly. Bake at 200 degrees for 2 to 3 hours. Rotate half way through cooking time.